Submittable recently partnered with the Fall 2018 AT&T Film Awards to seek out imaginative, undiscovered short films from aspiring creators across the U.S. The 5th Edition of the AT&T Film Awards offered $60k in prizes across categories including Emerging Filmmaker, Spanish Language, Shot on Mobile, VR/AR/MR Project, and Youth, plus a prize for the best film by an underrepresented filmmaker.
The prizewinners for the Fall 2018 AT&T Film Awards come from across the country:
Emerging Filmmakers Awards
- SELF by Manolo Celi in Brooklyn, NY: 1st place
- Two Balloons by Mark Smith in Portland, OR: 2nd place
- Son to Son by Milena Lorch & Nicole Pase in N. Hollywood, CA: 3rd place
Youth Filmmakers Awards
- We Need to Protect THIS by Ben Summa in Salt Lake City, UT: Protect the Environment Finalist
- A Realistic Look at Distracted Driving by Maia Vota in Burlington, VT: Distracted Driving Finalist
- Hello, My Name Is… by Alondra Vega & Maya Estremadoyro in Pembroke Pines, FL: Anti-Bullying Finalist
Underrepresented Filmmaker Award: Committed by Rachel Handler in Jersey City, NJ
Best Spanish Language Short: Chips and Salsa by Martha Rodriguez in San Diego, CA
Best Short – Shot on Mobile: Resilience by Antonio Chavez Trejo in Burbank, CA
Best VR/AR/MR Project: I Am A Man VR Experience by Derek Ham in Cary, NC
View the 2018 AT&T Film Awards’s full announcement and all of the winning films here, and stay tuned for the next edition of the AT&T Film Awards, which will feature new categories and begin accepting submissions in early February.
This announcement was sponsored by Submittable partner AT&T Film Awards, one of the thousands of organizations using our software to host exciting opportunities. Interested in more creative calls? Sign up for our creative opportunities email.